Top brand choice
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.
The Alli program starts with your commitment to adopting healthy eating habits. It combines the only over-the-counter, FDA-approved weight loss aid with an individually tailored support plan, to help achieve gradual and healthy weight loss. When you take Alli along with a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet, you can lose about 50% more weight than dieting alone. For example, instead of losing 10 pounds with diet alone, you can lose 15 pounds with the Alli program.
Alli is safe - it works in your digestive system, not in your heart or brain. It will not cause jitters, sleeplessness, or a racing heart. You can't just try Alli - you have to commit to it. We encourage you to read more and see if you agree with the statements at the end of this brochure, before you buy Alli. More information can be found at Alli.com. Or, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or dietitian to help determine if you're ready.
How Alli works Typically, enzymes in your intestines break down fat from food so your body can absorb the fat. But, the active ingredient in Alli attaches to some of these enzymes and prevents them from digesting about a quarter of the fat you eat. Because undigested fat can't be absorbed, it passes out of your body instead of turning into calories.
Starter Pack The Starter Pack includes 6 portable reference guides to help you follow the Alli program and a carrying case called the Alli Shuttle. The In-Pack Guides, together with myalliplan, deliver the support to help you reach your weight loss goals, and teach you how to eat healthy for a lifetime.
Read the enclosed brochure for other important information
- Diet and exercise are the starting points for any weight loss program. Try these first before starting any exercise program.
- To see if orlistat capsules are right for you, find your height on the chart. You may consider starting a weight loss program with orlistat if you weight is the same or more than the weight shown for your height.
- For overweight adults 18 years and older:
- Take 1 capsule with each meal containing fat
- Do not take more than 3 capsules daily
- Use with a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet and exercise program until you reach your weight loss goal. Most weight loss occurs in the first 6 months.
- If you stop taking orlistat, continue with your diet and exercise program.
- If you start to regain weight after you stop taking orlistat, you may need to start taking orlistat again along with your diet and exercise program.
- Take a multivitamin once a day, at bedtime, when using orlistat.
Active Ingredients: Orlistat 60mg (Weight Loss Aid)
Inactive Ingredients: FD&C Blue 2, Edible Ink, Gelatin, Iron Oxide, microcystalline cellulose, Povidone, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, sodium starch glycolate, Talc, Titanium Dioxide.